AnsweredAssumed Answered

About selecting two rasters as input to a raster function template

Question asked by staghan on Aug 29, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 by staghan

We have some mosaic datasets in the content of meteorological data. The information of some variables in these mosaic datasets is given below.

Long NameShort NameUnitsFormatDescription
Total precipitation (rain + snow)tpmGridpointAccumulated field. Convective precipitation + stratiform precipitation (CP + LSP).
2 meter temperature2tKGridpoint
2 meters dew point temperature2dKGridpoint

1. For the tp variant, we would like to obtain the amount of precipitation between any two hours desired (for example, 3 hours total precipitation between 29.08.2017 12:00:00 AM and 29.08.2017 03:00:00 AM) with on-the-fly processing logic. How can we give 2 rasters generated for two different time as input to a raster function template written in python?
  2. For variables 2t and 2d, we want to calculate the moisture value at any given time with a mathematical function. How can we give two rasters for the same time that belong to two different variables as input to a raster function template written in python?

We have already tried the raster calculator and composite band options and we have arrived at the results we wanted. But our desire is to be able to provide these two situations with on-the-fly processing logic.

Thank you for reading. My English is not very good, if I can not explain the situation clearly, I can try to explain it in more detail. I look forward to your help and suggestions.

Outcomes