How to upload CSV file (address) into point SDE feature class that is connect automatically to web map?

Jump to solution
08-28-2017 10:06 AM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

How to upload CSV file (address) into point SDE feature class that is connect automatically to web map? For example, a new information add in CSV file (address) that is connect automatically add new point in SDE feature class? Please advise. Thank you.

EDIT:

Hello,

I tried to use ModelBuilder and it is running but I realized something is not right. I am missing automation and I also don't think delete part (arcpy.detele_managment) is right because the layer is actually delete. What is the script for automation? Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Sounds like you'll need a script or model to geocode your addresses and append them to your existing SDE feature class.  If that data is being used in a service in ArcGIS Server, the data in the service will be updated automatically and the webmap will reflect those changes.  If you are using a hosted service in ArcGIS Online, you'll need to overwrite the service with the new data.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

Not sure what you're asking....

You want to add points (addresses) sourced by a CSV file to an existing feature class (inside your SDE) that is published as a service to a AGOL web Map? 

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

Yes, that is correct. Is it map service or feature service? I am not sure how it is work. Is it required AGOL service credit for addresses or LON/LAT as well?  

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

it depends if you want users to be able to make edits in the online map or is the online map for viewing purposes only? 

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

On the web map is the viewer purposes only. However, someone in other department needs to add new address on CSV file that connect to SDE feature class on web map.  Is that make sense?

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

Would join table work??  Please advise. 

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Sounds like you'll need a script or model to geocode your addresses and append them to your existing SDE feature class.  If that data is being used in a service in ArcGIS Server, the data in the service will be updated automatically and the webmap will reflect those changes.  If you are using a hosted service in ArcGIS Online, you'll need to overwrite the service with the new data.