Survey123: Export Final Survey to Client

08-28-2017 10:56 AM
DougHaller1
New Contributor III

Hi GeoNet

I developed a survey for a client as a GIS volunteer. They have their own ArcGIS account.  Now that the survey passed their review, how do I give them the survey such that they may publish and share the URL and collect and store the results on their account rather than my account? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doug,

The easiest way would be to download the XLSfile in Survey123 Connect and then send it over for them to publish.  Alternatively, if you can create a group that has both you & the client, they can create a copy of the survey using Create New > My Organization in Survey123 Connect.

0 Kudos
DougHaller1
New Contributor III

Thanks James.

The goal is to use Survey123. Are these steps similar in just 123?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Doug,

Survey123 Connect is the desktop publishing tool for Survey123, so the procedure above would support their Survey123 collection.

0 Kudos
DougHaller1
New Contributor III

Thanks James. I am looking to avoid using Survey123 Connect. The survey interface is not as user-friendly for the people completing the survey and I do not know if the client wants to add another tool (123 Connect) to their tool box when the online 123 meets current needs. Thoughts? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Doug,

Connect is only used for publishing; filling in the survey still takes place over the web.

Changing ownership of items across organizations is not possible within ArcGIS Online, which is why I'm advocating a 'Copy to New' workflow.  This workflow isn't possible with the Survey123 website, but is possible by using Survey123 Connect.

Currently, the only other alternative would be to have tools that read the survey you've created and do the duplication process; this is possible but requires a fairly high level of understanding of the underlying ArcGIS Online APIs as well has the linkages between forms and feature services.  We are looking at tools to make this process easier in the future, but right now Survey123 Connect is the easiest tool to accomplish this.

0 Kudos