Troubeshoot GeoEvent Connection to Portal Issue

08-28-2017 11:11 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

We keep receiving the error...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event #1:

ID:                          2017-08-27T17:58:58.060Zxxxxxxxxxxxx

Source: GeoEvent

Code:                    2017-08-27T17:58:58.060Z

Type:                     SEVERE

Msg:                      Failed to start because layer information is not available ([PORTAL][FeatureService][FeatureService][0][FeatureServer])2017-08-27 11:59:03,210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The connection seems to fail for a very short period of time, our inputs check for new features every 60 seconds and will function properly once a connection successful.

We are running 10.4.1 Portal/Server Federated with GeoEvent installed on a standalone machine.

Anyway to keep the connection up without intermittent failures?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tucker, 

Does the connection fix itself over time, or does someone need to go into the connection and reset it? We noticed a recurring connection issue around the 10.4.x version and I just want to make sure we identify what it is. If you could also provide a copy of your GeoEvent karaf log files it would help narrow down the exact cause. 

The problem we found at 10.4.x is Bug-000100502 "The default data store connection for ArcGIS for Server GeoEvent extension becomes invalid after approximately 24 hours when using built-in or domain credentials." and was a result of a token prematurely expiring. This bug is fixed in the GeoEvent 10.4.1 Patch 2 which I recommend installing regardless if the bug fixes the exact problem. I'll include the URL link to this patch below:

ArcGIS 10.4.1 GeoEvent Extension Patch 2 

- Chris

0 Kudos
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

I will work on getting you the karaf files.  

The connection does not drop after 24 hours.  We have email alerts set up every 5 minutes.  At one or more points within 5 minutes, not every 5 minutes, the connection will drop and we will get a few hundred errors like the one above.

0 Kudos
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Tucker, 

I'm glad to see that the connection doesn't drop every 24 hours, as that was a pretty annoying bug. However something is still causing the main data store connection to drop which causes the error messages. While you are getting the logs, can you tell me if you have any antivirus software running scans on the GeoEvent machine? 

- Chris

0 Kudos