Topology Error 138

Jump to solution
08-25-2017 06:14 AM
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey everybody!

I tried to create a topology for two line features and use the "Must Not Intersect With" rule. Once I create the topology and try to validate it, I receive the following error.

Anybody came across this yet and figured out how to solve it?

Thanks,

Tim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You could write a script to change the current extent and then use Validate Topology—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

grab  the full extent X/y, then break it into four extents.  Zoom. Run the topology on current extent, move to next, etc.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm not sure that this will help, but there was another (not checked as resolved) thread https://community.esri.com/thread/164974 

that at suggested trying a smaller geographic extent...have you tried that?  Also, make sure they are in the same coordinate/reference system and extent.   

I knwo now back in the 9.4 (turned into 10.1) days, we could not validate our topology no matter how we "broke it down", but I don't remember if gave a code or just crashed.  That did have to do with the size of the data OR possibly the extent east/west (over the 180), even if we weren't validating over the line.  We could do about 95% (different extents, different order, etc.) but the last portion would not work.  That was fixed before the 10.1 release.  We were using ArcSDE SQL.   

Are te you using Enterprise SDE or a a fgdb or personal?  Maybe you are hitting a limit?  I think topology checking produces a lot of data behind the scenes.

TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Yes, I saw this discussion, but I hoped I wouldn't have to do the validation in smaller pieces.

I am using a fgdb for my topology. 

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You could write a script to change the current extent and then use Validate Topology—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

grab  the full extent X/y, then break it into four extents.  Zoom. Run the topology on current extent, move to next, etc.  

TimWitt2
MVP Alum

This might be the only way. Thanks!

0 Kudos