AGOL User accounts

Jump to solution
08-23-2017 07:02 AM
AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

I have what might appear to be a simple question.

I have a total of 15 active AGOL licenses and recently received IPADS for all 8 of my service technicians.

My goal was to assign each technician their very own, personalized Ipad with their employee name and number as their Username. Simple, right??? 

I found no way to actually change an already established username, JUST the name associated with the account could be changed.

I took it upon myself to delete a few of the accounts (I'm the admin) so that i could easily re add them and assign them the desired usernames.

Now that i deleted the accounts, I cannot re add them. When I go to " Invite members " I get a message stating

"Your organization has reached the maximum number of members your current subscription allows."

i know I have the license's because I deleted 4, you would think i could just re add 4. what's happening here?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi there

Since you are the ArcGIS Online Administrator

Have a look at the equilivent here on the right hand side. > If you have more members than you are allowed it will be in Red.

This means that some of your named users are out of maintenance so you will need to contact your local distributor to get this renewed.

Your best bet is to contact Esri Technicial Support with your SUBID and they can assist you with this.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes it takes some time for the update to take place (in Esri's Database) after you delete a member. You could try after a couple of hours.

If the issue persists, the best thing to do is to contact Esri Customer Support and report the issue. They could have a closer look at the account and resolve the issue.

Think Location
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi coreyschiller7264‌,

There shouldn't be any time lag between when a username is deleted and when the username free's up. Does it say there are available users on your My Organization page? Technical Support can definitely help with this.

-Kelly

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you resolved the issue?  if so, please summarize and close.  I agree that tech support mmight be the best option...but I would also suggest logging  out of your admin account out....clearing the browser cache and logging into the admin account again, and as Kelly mentioned, check the number of slots available in the My Organization tab.

AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

Yes, i have resolved it , Finally!

It was brought to my attention that my supervisor let the renewal of 5 of our accounts laps so that when I deleted 4, I didn't actually have them to repopulate my account with.

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi there

Since you are the ArcGIS Online Administrator

Have a look at the equilivent here on the right hand side. > If you have more members than you are allowed it will be in Red.

This means that some of your named users are out of maintenance so you will need to contact your local distributor to get this renewed.

Your best bet is to contact Esri Technicial Support with your SUBID and they can assist you with this.

AmyHarrigan
Occasional Contributor

I resolved it , Finally!

It was brought to my attention that my supervisor let the renewal of 5 of our accounts laps so that when I deleted 4, I didn't actually have them to repopulate my account with. 

0 Kudos