Is it possible to customize the login page in portal for arcgis.

08-22-2017 11:01 AM
akshayloya
Occasional Contributor II

I've portal for Arcgis 10.5 (behind the firewall). I have to customize the login page with the client's company logo, banner and all those. How can I do this. Any work around ?

39 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Akshay,

Some good blog resources on customizing the Portal home page,

I don't believe we promote customizing the login page.

Hope this helps,

akshayloya
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Derek,

I know about this home page but somehow portal for arcgis is behind our firewall right. So we want our users to see our logo and banner on login page.

This login we are also using in our web app builder application. In that case I have to change the login look and feel. 

AnthonyFord
New Contributor II

We also are trying to customize the portal login page (behind our firewall) so that it has our corporate look and feel. There must be some way to do this?  Has anyone been able to do it?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Akshay & Anthony,

Customizing the login page for Portal for ArcGIS is not a supported workflow. Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site.

Hope this helps,

AnthonyFord
New Contributor II

Hi Derek,

Our users think they are logging into Esri because that is exactly what it looks like. Instead, they are logging into portal hosted locally behind our firewall. We need them too feel secure that they are still on the corporate network. This must be a bug??

We need the locally hosted portal to show or corporate logo and name, not Esri.

I don't want to rule out portal, but this is a show stopper for us.

Any ideas, work around a, web hook ideas without throwing out all the advantages portal offers?

Thanks for the help.

DerekLaw

Hi Anthony,

> We need the locally hosted portal to show or corporate logo and name, not Esri.

Typically, you would share the URL link of your Portal home page - which can be customized. This would show your internal users that they are accessing the organization's internal site.

When they attempt to sign in, the Portal's "name" (property configured under the General settings tab) will appear.

So your end users will still see that they are signing into the corporate Portal.

EDIT: I've added a screenshot of the sign in page for Explorer for ArcGIS below. FYI: when you sign in with the ArcGIS field apps, the Portal name also appears.

Hope this helps,

AnthonyFord
New Contributor II

Thanks Derek. Kind of... They won't actually see that portal homepage as we are taking them directly to a web map. That customization looks great, but won't help us for this.

That second image, if only we could somehow alter the look and feel of that login, so that it looks more like the company look and feel, and not like an external phishing page. It just kind of seems to take away from the perception and reality of the secure platform.

PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Google:

esri portal config.js

You may find some options there to do what you want.

You won’t change the look and feel of the log in box, but you can set a header line that can help users distinguish where they are logging in.

Make sure you have a backup, know what you’re doing in .js, etc….

I suspect this is a good way to really hose up your portal if you’re not really careful.

Probably also a way to void a warranty with Esri.

However the info is published in Esri’s help so….