AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does PrintWidget create Web_Map_as_JSON with explicit geometries for FeatureLayer features?

Question asked by JustinRussell on Aug 22, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2017 by JustinRussell

I'll apologize upfront for the cross post - this has also been asked here. If cross posting is frowned upon I'll be happy to take this down.

I'm using a print widget to get exports of a map view. My view has a number of layers, one of them is a feature layer (in this case, showing US ZIP codes). When I look at the ExportWebMap specification it looks like the syntax for feature layers, I should be able to simply provide object IDs for the features that ought to be displayed in the export. However, when I look at the JSON that's sent to the export service's execute task I see that my feature layer was instead treated as a collection of client side graphics - with full geometries listed instead of object IDs.

Aside from being slow this also causes the export operation to crash when my request payload gets too large.

Any insight as to why my FeatureLayer features might be getting serialized as client side graphics?

I'm using version 4.4 of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript.

Outcomes