How to access HFS tables in ArcMap

08-18-2017 08:52 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have a HFS that has a few tables in it.  I am having issues finding a way to show and share the tables in ArcMap.

If you do a Add Data -> From AGO then search and add it will add all layers but not the tables.

If you do a File -> Add Data from AGO then search and add it will add all layers but not the tables.

If you go into Catalog and go to My Hosted Services and add it will add the tables.  But you can only do that if you are the owner of the service - which most are not.

If you do get the tables in ArcMap then the next hurdle is layer files ignore tables for some reason.

So if I add the entire HFS then make a layer file from the HFS it will save out all the layers except the tables.

You can also not highlight a layer and a table at the same time to try and make a layer file.  

You can also not make a layer file of a table.

So my question is how am I supposed to be able to share HFS tables with others??

It does seem like I can do a join the table to a layer then save that out.

Any ideas or tips?

thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Doug,

When you add the HFS have you tried to change the Table of Contents to Listing by source. Generally the non-spatial tables will not be visible if you using the Listing by drawing order and this happens to be ArcMap's default listing for TOC, this particular method is applicable for displaying only to spatial tables. Whereas Listing by source displays all the spatial and non-spatial layers.

Using the table of contents—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

I hope this helps!

~Shan

~Shan
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes I know about List by source and no it does not list them there.  Try it - there is no way to add tables.

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

The tables that are missing are they attachment tables or relationship tables?

~Shan
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Nope just regular tables in the Hosted Feature Service. Still can find no way to add them to ArcMap.

0 Kudos