Storymap images are not showing up for Level 1 portal users

Jump to solution
08-17-2017 09:34 AM
RyanHefley
New Contributor III

We are using GIS Enterprise Portal 10.5.1
I recently created a Cascade storymap for our organization, and it appears as though images on the story map are not being displayed for a level 1 user. However, Level 2 users can view the story map with no trouble. 

The image above shows what the story map looks like for a level 2 perspective 

The image below shows what the story map looks like for a level 1 perspective

As you can see, it says a message that says "Sorry, this content is not accessible.

However, the text and even maps show up fine.

Any idea as to why we are experiencing this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, your Level 1 users should definitely be able to see images uploaded into the story map. It sounds like you may have found a bug. Since this is an issue on ArcGIS Enterprise I'm going to ask that you please start a case with Esri Support -- they are much better able to help you troubleshoot and try to reproduce your issue. Please share this GeoNet thread when you create your case.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ryan -- Sorry you are having an issue sharing your Cascade story. We're taking a look and will let you know what we find. Can you also please provide a little more information:

• how was the story shared with the Level 1 user?
  • what privileges does the Level 1 user's role have?
Owen Evans
0 Kudos
RyanHefley
New Contributor III

Hello,

Of course, I can provide more information. So I noticed that the Level 1 user can see pictures that I use from the Unsplash option. The level 1 users were not however being able to view images that were uploaded under the ArcGIS tab when I ‘Browsed for images’.

The story was shared via the “Share” option under the settings button. Also, level 1 users have the default settings for “viewer”.

I found a workaround, and I have found out that the level 1 user can, in fact, view images if I put them directly on our portal DMZ server.

But it is funny that they can’t see them if I upload them on the story map its self.

Ryan J. Hefley

Ryan J. Hefley

IT Infrastructure – GIS Intern

Arkansas Electric Cooperatives

ryan.hefley@aecc.com<mailto:ryan.hefley@aecc.com> •

www.aeci.com<http://www.aeci.com/> •

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, your Level 1 users should definitely be able to see images uploaded into the story map. It sounds like you may have found a bug. Since this is an issue on ArcGIS Enterprise I'm going to ask that you please start a case with Esri Support -- they are much better able to help you troubleshoot and try to reproduce your issue. Please share this GeoNet thread when you create your case.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I can confirm that we're also having this issue (if it helps: our users are logging in through SAML, the story is shared both to "organisation" and to groups). Is there any known issue about this, or a timeline for a resolve?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

All -- We addressed a few issues with images in shared story maps in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6. I'm not sure if my test portal environment exactly duplicates your environments, but I am not able to reproduce the situation you have described on my 10.6 test portal using SAML logins.

When 10.6 is released, please let me know if you are still seeing this issue after you upgrade.

Owen Evans
ScottKaplan1
New Contributor II

I'm still seeing this issue in 10.7.  Images display fine when uploaded directly on other themes, but not Cascade.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott,

This should be addressed in 10.7 Enterprise as part of this patch that went out: https://support.esri.com/en/Products/Enterprise/portal-for-arcgis/portal-for-arcgis/10-7-1#downloads...

Please let me know if you're still seeing this problem in Cascade after installing it.

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos