Map Journal is Initializing

Jump to solution
08-17-2017 10:50 AM
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

We have a Map Journal Story Map and I get a message saying that Map Journal is Initializing when it is loading.    Is there something in its configuration that I can change to improve the loading performance?

http://cos-gis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=530214fb947d46668ae591c37ce4005c 

I am using JPEG images and it looks like maybe those are the culprit.     

The FAQs said that the images are optimized once uploaded,  but should I do something to them prior to uploading them?

Thanks,

Mele

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mele -- The journal only takes 3-4 seconds to open for me, which I thought was acceptable -- does it take longer for you?

I wouldn't expect that JPG images are slowing things down as that is the best format to use. You could try having an image in the main stage for your home section to see if that makes it load faster. A map, like you currently have, may take a little longer to load.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mele -- The journal only takes 3-4 seconds to open for me, which I thought was acceptable -- does it take longer for you?

I wouldn't expect that JPG images are slowing things down as that is the best format to use. You could try having an image in the main stage for your home section to see if that makes it load faster. A map, like you currently have, may take a little longer to load.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos