Functionality

08-14-2017 07:13 PM
KieranClayton
New Contributor

Just wanted to share a few functionalities that I enjoyed in Google Earth that doesn't seem available yet in ArcGIS Earth (Version 1.5 Build 1704). Thanks for your consideration!

1. ability to edit a draw feature (point, line, polygon) from the map vice the TOC
2. location units: degrees decimal minutes
3. ability to copy, cut, and paste individual features in the TOC
4. ability to view some attribute data for draw features in the TOC

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Kieran,

On 1. - You should be able to edit Drawings already (not KMLs).  Right click on the drawing element in your toc and then click on the element in the viewport. You should be able to move vertices on lines and polygons and to move points.

On 2. - That's in our backlog

On 3. - That's in our backlog

On 4. - This is something that we've definitely heard from the GE users.  We're considering how best to design it.

Thanks!
Chris

0 Kudos
KieranClayton
New Contributor

Chris,

Thanks for the speedy reply!

For #1, I was referring to the ability to edit a draw feature by selecting the feature on the map, right clicking on the feature, and selecting edit properties. It was very convenient to do this from the map vice having to hunt for the feature in the toc. Does that make sense?

Also, I successfully uploaded a .kmz file to ArcGIS Earth consisting of both static data and network links. Do you know why the network links aren't working? They work perfectly fine in Google Earth.

-Kieran

0 Kudos
DarronPustam
Esri Contributor

Hi Kieran - Are you able to share the kmz with us?

- Darron

Darron
0 Kudos
KieranClayton
New Contributor

Darron,

I apologize for the delay. I just downloaded 1.6 and all of the network links appear to be working.

Are there plans to incorporate Google's "save to my places" function in Earth? This has been a useful tool in organizing/managing long-term vice day-to-day data.

Also, just wanted to confirm understanding of #1: being able to edit a draw feature from the map itself vice having to find the feature in the table of contents. Thanks!

-Kieran

0 Kudos