"Error 1003: Operation rolled back" on some completed surveys

Jump to solution
08-14-2017 10:49 AM
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

I'm receiving Error 1003 on some of the completed survey sent (presently only 5 out of 100 received this error).  I've tried to see if the form was completed differently but I can't find the problem for these particular filled forms.  Any idea what would cause this error on some and not others? I've searched the blogs on this particular error but haven't found a solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jean-Yves,

This error code is displayed if something occurs during the submission operation that causes an error in the feature service.  There can be a few different reasons for it to happen, the most common is a difference in the value types (text, integer, decimal, date) being submitted and what the table is defined as storing in the feature service.  Another possibility is a text value larger than can be held in the field- this seems more likely given that only a few records exhibit this problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jean-Yves,

This error code is displayed if something occurs during the submission operation that causes an error in the feature service.  There can be a few different reasons for it to happen, the most common is a difference in the value types (text, integer, decimal, date) being submitted and what the table is defined as storing in the feature service.  Another possibility is a text value larger than can be held in the field- this seems more likely given that only a few records exhibit this problem.

Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

we've noticed that the rollbacks only occur on forms that were re-submitted, but not all, most can be re-submitted.  The questionnaires have repeats so they are not updated they are duplicated, we nonetheless deleted the questionnaire online to see if they upload but they did not.  

0 Kudos
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

I opened the .sqlite and this is what happens.

[{"code":1003,"description":"Operation rolled back.","tableId":0},{"code":1000,"description":"The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint \"REL_FK_service_5b1bfaa8eba1488db6d414664296f90a_STRUCTURE_MENAGE_0\". The conflict occurred in database \"db_7501\", table \"user_7501.service_5b1bfaa8eba1488db6d414664296f90a_INVENTAIRE_STRUCTURE_V20731\", column 'globalid'.\r\nThe statement has been terminated.","tableId":1}]

0 Kudos
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

This is an issue with the edit with repeats...  Here's my methodology:

I asked my crew to copy and send me the arcgis folder from each tablet, then I opened the .sqlite located in "ArcGIS\My Surveys\Databases"  I found the forms with errors:

I compared to the other forms that didn't have any problems and noticed they all had something in common, they had the edit mode clause. 

e.g.: 

{"Inventaire_Structure_V20731":{"__meta__":{"editMode":1,"globalIdField":"globalid","objectIdField":"objectid"},"comment_gen":

I removed the edit code in DB browser  for sqlite and launched it again and everything is uploading. 

"__meta__":{"editMode":1,"globalIdField":"globalid","objectIdField":"objectid"},

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jean,

This looks like this could work for me but I'm not sure how to do this part. Would you say this again but differently?

I removed the edit code in DB browser for sqlite and launched it again and everything is uploading. 

"__meta__":{"editMode":1,"globalIdField":"globalid","objectIdField":"objectid"},

0 Kudos
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michelle,

I believe I removed this {"editMode":1,"globalIdField":"globalid","objectIdField":"objectid"}

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

I was able to fix this error by removing the TABOO symbols, like commas.

Dear esri staff can you change the verbiage of Special characters to TABOO characters, and move it to the top of the list, because it's REALLY important (and change the color of the text to RED). I've never read the statement stating that "The following characters can't be used" because it blends into all the other text, so it took me a really long time to figure it out, and it seems that this question is all over the internet, and it could be fixed with these little tweaks. I hope this is helpful to your end-users!

Taboo