How to get photos into surveys that publish to Server-Hosted Feature Services?

08-11-2017 10:29 AM
AaronThompson
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a bunch of existing surveys built around existing feature services and related tables, and was wondering what the requirements are to add the capability to take an attached photo with a survey? I've done some searching online and haven't found any documentation on how to do this with surveys writing to an enterprise database.

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Aaron,

You would need to make sure that attachments have been added to the feature classes/tables that you want to have image support- this would be done in ArcGIS Desktop.  You would then need to republish the Feature Services to 'update' the capabilities.  Then you can add image questions to the survey.

0 Kudos
AaronThompson
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply James,

I have enabled attachments on my feature classes and tables. When trying to publish these feature services in Arcmap, I include the attachment tables in the MXD, but it never seems like the attachment tables make it through to the feature service. They don't show on my service's rest endpoint. Is this normal, and will I still be able to do images?

Also, What about in my actual survey form, will I need to put the image question in a repeat?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Aaron,

You don't need to have the attachment table in the MXD- the attachment capability is automatically managed via the geodatabase.  It will be noticeable by a 'hasAttachments' property in the layer information and the operations 'addAttachments' on the layer.

Yes, you will need to add the image questions in the form once attachments have been enabled.

0 Kudos