AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is World Imagery metadata valid, or am I using it wrong?

Question asked by kzturtlegirl on Aug 11, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2017 by kzturtlegirl

Is the metadata for World Imagery correct?  Can the identify tool be referencing another image not being shown when I zoom in?

Here's the deal:  I am using World Imagery along the Colorado River for some edits to a polygon coverage I have.  It is important that I know the dates of the imagery I am using.  Zoomed out to about 1:2000, I see world imagery that looks just like what APFO/USDA is serving as 2016 NAIP, and Identify tells me it 2016 NAIP that was acquired 20160422. (see attached WI_2k.jpg) 

However, when I zoom in to 1:1500, I see a better-resolution imagery with a very different image (to me), but Identify is telling me it is also 2016 NAIP with an acquisition date of 20160422  (see attached WI_1500k)  .

The two images are not just different resolutions, but also show different realities on the ground.  I have seen this all up and down the River, it's not just this one spot.

There is no way these two images were taken at the same date, and I am confident enough that the zoomed out 2k imagery is 2016 NAIP.  But I like the finer imagery when zoomed in and would like to use it, but cannot unless I know the date it was acquired (most up-to-date imagery is more important than resolution).

So, is the information incorrect, or is there a different way I can find the acquisition date for imagery I see?

Thanks!

Attachments

Outcomes