galacoralinteractive

Basic Power BI Questions from a newbi

Discussion created by galacoralinteractive on Aug 11, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 by SBall-esristaff

Hi,

I think ArcGIS for Maps for Power BI has great potential. I work for an organisation that produces many dashboards and this added capability is a welcome addition.  I've just started looking at it today so have a couple of questions:

1. I've added some locations to my map directly from a SQL Server database. For selections I can use either the select individual locations tool or the select multiple locations tool but I cannot use the 'Select locations using an area' tool. Reading the help it looks like this tool would only be enabled if I'd added a reference layer.  I just don't get that?  If you are allowing a me to select multiple locations based on an area (polygon), I don't get why I could not select them based on a polygon that i digitised myself.  Assuming I'm not doing something wrong, are there any plans to support this in the future?

2. I've selected some points.   What I would like to be able to do is to display my selection results in a power BI table control.  Is that possible?  If not, is that on the road map please?

Thanks

Mike

Outcomes