I'm processing some geoTiffs for a colleague using geoserver.
- The files I have supplied that include .tif.xml work.
- these files include proper header info "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>"
- these are older files and I'm not sure how they were processed;
- but, they contain Ersi and ArcGIS tags so I assume they were generated by Arc
- The ones that have .tif.aux.xml (and no .tif.xml) do not work
- these are currently being generated when I load files into ArcMap 10.2.2
- these files start with "<PAMDataset>", so no 'proper' xml header info
The original tifs are from the same supplier and didn't have any xml files supplied with them - the only difference seems to be the ones I looked at in the past have .tif.xml's and the ones I'm looking at now have .tif.aux.xml's and it seems both of these xml's have been created by ArcMap.
So is there a way I can get Arc to generate .tif.xml instead of (or as well as) the .tif.aux.xml?