Survey123 Connector publishing error 400

Jump to solution
08-02-2017 11:15 AM
LennySmith
New Contributor II

I am using version 2.3.24 of the application.

I had published a survey to my organization's Enterprise site. This was not the final version of the survey, just a test on my end to see how round-tripping works when publishing a survey, i.e. I modified the survey locally and want to re-publish it.

I noticed that there was a folder named 'Survey123 - [Name of Survey]'. I completely deleted that folder and all of its contents, which were the survey form and the feature service. After having deleted that folder, I can no longer publish the survey.

The application seems to know that the service has been published once (it reports this even though I deleted the directory, perhaps it is looking for the service?), see the survey123_dialog_one image. If I click the 'I understand that the existing data service will be deleted if possible' checkbox, and then clicking 'Publish Survey', I get the error as shown in the survey123_dialog_two image.

Any help on how to debug the problem and proceed is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lenny,

Yes, Survey123 Connect does keep a record of the survey after it's been published; this is to make sure that it knows that it can overwrite previous versions of the survey.  To remove this record, open the folder of the Survey Design (click on the folder icon when previewing the survey) and delete the file with the .iteminfo extension.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Lenny,

Yes, Survey123 Connect does keep a record of the survey after it's been published; this is to make sure that it knows that it can overwrite previous versions of the survey.  To remove this record, open the folder of the Survey Design (click on the folder icon when previewing the survey) and delete the file with the .iteminfo extension.

LennySmith
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks for the quick response. That allowed me to re-publish, so all is good there. Is there any side effect to manually removing that folder from my content? Is there a better way to go about this? I don't want to fix the problem with a sledgehammer when a better approach can be taken.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Simply republishing will update the feature service (if necessary) and form.  Because it involves a feature service (which, by default Survey123 publishes) as well as the form, we recommend management via either the Survey123 Connect app or Survey123 website (which are built knowing how the items are relates).

0 Kudos
LennySmith
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Thank you, then simply re-publishing via Survey 123 Connect is the route that I will take. Thanks again for your quick response, got me up and running again!

0 Kudos