Collector hangs when downloading offline basemap

08-01-2017 02:14 PM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

I've got a web map that's being used in Collector.  All the layers come from ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 services.  Everything seems to work in an "online" mode and in AGOL web map itself but when I click the "download" button for the map in Collector, the download progress bar hangs about half way and never seems to be able to finish.  It seems to be hanging up on my cached basemap service because for a while (and I get get it to do this anymore) but when I went to download the map onto Collector it asked me which basemap I wanted to use.  If I chose an esri basemap, the whole thing downloaded just fine but if I chose my basemap, it hung up about half way through the process.

What's going on with my basemap that it won't download?

Thanks,

Royce

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Royce,

If you go to ArcGIS Server Manager, are you able to monitor the logs at the time you attempt to download? 

Available map and image cache properties—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Also, is the option to "Allow clients to export cache tiles" enabled?

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Dan.  I've checked the logs even down to the verbose level and do see requests for the cache data but that's it.  No errors and no response.

Yes, "export cache tiles" is enabled.  Odd that you can only change that through Catalog and not Manager, at least as far as I can tell.

-r

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting. Do you see the same issue on all web maps using this basemap? What about a new webmap?

I am also curious to know if there is an export tiles request being made in the backend. You would need to download a program called fiddler and configure that to work with your device (setting up your phone to route traffic through your computer so the computer can record the traffic)

http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configure-Fiddler/Tasks/ConfigureForiOS 

0 Kudos