Rounding of Decimals in Portal

08-01-2017 08:14 AM
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a survey that collects decimal data and the user enters 3 decimal places of data (#.###). When viewing the data in Portal, the values are rounded up and truncated to 2 decimals. Therefore a value of 9.999 that is entered in the field shows as 10.00 in Portal. The underlying data is correct and contains the 3 decimal places but i am just curious why Portal is truncating the decimals.

thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gary,

Just checking, but this isn't related to the display that's defined by the pop-up configuration?

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

James,

If I configure the pop-up to display 3 decimal places, all displays properly. If someone else goes in and looks at the data though, they see the rounded/truncated values. We are not creating a webmap for this data but I have seen this with lat/long values in other webmaps we have. After configuring the pop-ups for 6 decimal places and saving the webmap, when it is re-opened, it has gone back to 2 decimal places. I do not think this is a Survey123 issue per se, but was trying to see if any other users experienced this and possibly had a fix.

Thanks,

--gary

Gary H. Bowles, GISP

GIS Database Administrator | Seneca Resources

Office : 412-548-2544 | Cell Phone: 412-334-5273

0 Kudos