Recovering "noxlsform" tagged Survey123 forms

07-28-2017 09:47 AM
JamesProctor1
New Contributor II

I created several Survey123 forms in 2016, saved as masters, then published duplicated versions for use. When I come back to these (unpublished) master forms I cannot edit them—in fact, the screen refresh seems to barf, and I generally need to logout/login to Survey123 to see my forms again.

The only clue I can see is that two tags have been added to these forms: "draft" and "noxlsform." These are not tags I added, so I assume they were at some point added automatically.

I need to figure out how to recover these master forms so that I can edit them, then republish into current versions for use. I've tried to simply save a copy and edit, which has yielded variable results, i.e., either the saved copy does not display at all upon editing, or some fields prove editable while others do not display (then I need to logout/login again as noted above).

I can of course create these forms from scratch, but maybe there is an easier way—I'd like for instance to maintain my initial field choice lists. I'd also be curious whether I can expect this barf to happen again!...would not like to have to repeat this adventure.

Sure appreciate any leads/advice.

Jim P.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jim,

Jus to be sure I'm clear, you saved the masters but did not publish them?  That is what would be indicated by the 'draft' tag.  Are you able to publish the masters in their current condition?  That would provide some additional recovery options.

JamesProctor1
New Contributor II

Sorry, looks like I don't get email notifications of replies!...

I had previously saved copies of my master surveys, then published and used them...all has worked fine in past (~ 1 year ago).

But when I copy one of these master surveys now, the interface seems to hang on edit, such that I can't publish (I'm told I have unsaved changed, but when I click Save I get a "Here is the alert!" alert.)

Actually, after trying the above a few times I believe I was able to publish a copy of the master survey. (To be clear, this was not my intent, as I need to edit the master at this point prior to copying/publishing, and this copied version is not entirely editable prior to publishing...again, it hangs on edit of certain fields.)

Given this reality, what sort of recovery options exist? I do for instance now see a new folder in ArcGIS with that feature layer and form.

Sure appreciate,

Jim P.

0 Kudos