Stuck on how to create this multiple choice section

07-26-2017 04:03 PM
MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

This is part of a larger form but I'm stuck on how to create this section in Survey123? The Coating Type can be multiple choice and the Coating Condition can be multiple as well. See example attached. Am I missing an easy solution?

Thanks,

Michelle

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

In this scenario it is important to consider how do you want to use/display the data as an output and/or how do you want your data to appear in the feature service? Do you want each coating type to be in one attribute, with the corresponding condition in another attribute, or do you want all the coating types in one attribute as a comma list? Depending on how you want the data to be stored in different attribute fields will guide you to which type of question and they way to set it up in Survey123.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Looking at the screenshot, I got confused because it looks like you have mutually exclusive choices in the coating condition. How can you have many dings and few dings at the same time? I believe for the condition you  need to separate the choices into condition_adhesion and condition_dings. Otherwise people can mistakenly enter data that does not make sense. I attached an XLSFile which behaves as shown below. I am  not into coatings at all, but this what made more sense to me.

MichelleDuncan2
New Contributor III

This looks great. I don't see the xls file?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

If you open the entire thread (below link) in GeoNet, not view via the GeoNet Inbox, you will see all the replies and the xlsx attachment Ismael uploaded.

Stuck on how to create this multiple choice section 

Phil.