Imported an ArcGIS web service with KML capability enabled into Google Earth. Cannot display attached photos in the Google Earth pop up window.

07-26-2017 12:24 PM
TomeJovanovski
Esri Contributor

I am working on a project where I am expected to create a web service from geotagged photos and import them into Google Earth.

I tried the following steps:

First, I used the "Geotagged photos to points" geoprocessing tool and successfully converted the geotagged photos to a point feature class based on the latitude, longitude and attitude coordinate of the photos. The tool also added the photo files as attachments to the point features in a geodatabase. The photos are successfully displayed along the other attributes when I use the HTML pop-up tool and click on a certain point feature in ArcMap

Next, I created an .mxd document containing the point feature class and published a web service with KML capability enabled to ArcGIS Server. I consumed the newly published service in ArcMap and again I used the HTML pop-up tool to see if the photos are still displayed. Everything worked fine, I could still see the photos along with the other attributes of the point features.

Finally, I got to the last step where I needed to import this service into Google Earth. In the ArcGIS Server Manager I created a custom network link for the service according to the instructions on the following links:

Managing KML network links—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Viewing services as KML—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Authoring maps for publishing as KML—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I have imported the service into Google Earth with success and I can visualize the point features and display all the attributes except the photos. So, what am I doing wrong? How can I display the attached photos in Google Earth just like in ArcMap?

Best Regards,

Tome

0 Kudos
0 Replies