Calculate only appears for administrators?

Jump to solution
07-26-2017 10:56 AM
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

Hi, did something change that only adminstrators are able to use the calculate function in a webmap?  I have tested on several services all with eiditing enabled, opened with full editing control, different browsers, with the only role that has the ability to calculate being the Admin's.  Did something change recently or I am missing something? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Dan,

In order to calculate a field you must either be an administrator or owner of the data. It is also not available for hosted feature layers that have related tile layers. I'd suggest verifying if these requirements are met when you are trying to calculate fields, if not, let us know the settings and ownership of the layer

Work with fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Dan,

In order to calculate a field you must either be an administrator or owner of the data. It is also not available for hosted feature layers that have related tile layers. I'd suggest verifying if these requirements are met when you are trying to calculate fields, if not, let us know the settings and ownership of the layer

Work with fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

The ownership was the issue.  I do think it would make sense for a person that has the ability to edit the data already to be able to use the calculate function, I will put it up on the idea board.  Thanks for the clarification on this.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos