Is there a way to change pages within an Insights Workbook using a shortcut or some other way?

Jump to solution
07-25-2017 11:19 AM
ChrisWalker5
New Contributor II

Is there a way to change pages within an Insights Workbook using a shortcut or some other way? I just gave a presentation where I had 10 different pages within my workbook to show. I was using a projector and my screen resolution was downsized during the presentation due to the projector. This caused me to not to be able to see the remaining 5 pages I had within my workbook. I could not figure out a way to change pages within my workbook if they were not displayed along the top banner. I would assume there would have been a sliding scroll bar so I could access my other pages, but this was not the case.

I have noticed this issue before after I changed a page's name to a longer text string, the pages at the end (right side) were no longer able to be seen. I am currently using Insights version 1.2.1.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YassineElouri
Esri Contributor

This has been fixed in the upcoming 2.1 release. When you have several pages that go beyond the screen size, and small shortcut will appear from which you can go to any page in the workbook.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChrisWalker5
New Contributor II

In case anyone else is having this issue, ESRI's response to this issue is listed below. Apparently this issue is present in Insights 1.2, 1.2.1, and 2.0 too.

If there are multiple pages and they have long name, then the add page button and the later page tabs will drop below and become unresponsive. This behavior is also been replicated at our end. We also have noticed that a software defect has already been logged for this behavior. I would appreciate if you please read through the details of the bug below and its progress can be tracked at support.esri.com once it has undergone a preliminary review:

• BUG-000104456 - When opening multiple pages in Insights for ArcGIS, the Add Page button drops below and become unresponsive, if too many pages are added to the workbook or the pages have a long name.
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Chris, 

Thanks for your feedback on both these different suggestions that didn't work for you during your presentation.

I've logged an enhancement to cover the ability to reorder pages:

• ENH-000106998 - Provide the ability to reorder pages in workbooks of Insights for ArcGIS 2.0.

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
ChrisWalker5
New Contributor II

I can reorder the pages in Insights.. The problem is when I have multiple pages with page titles, some of my pages get cut off from the page's tool bar. It looks like they were supposed to drop down to a new line below the toolbar, but it doesn't work. There is also not a scroll bar to move left or right when your pages become cut off. Does that make more sense? Thanks for logging this as an enhancement too as this is a pretty annoying defect. 

0 Kudos
DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Chris,

We are working on this and should have a solution to resolve the issue of many multiple pages very soon.  I'll post an update here when available.  Appreciate the feedback and thank you!

0 Kudos
YassineElouri
Esri Contributor

This has been fixed in the upcoming 2.1 release. When you have several pages that go beyond the screen size, and small shortcut will appear from which you can go to any page in the workbook.