WebApp links - open in same tab, remove '_blank' attribute

Jump to solution
07-25-2017 10:33 AM
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Hi all!

I added some links to a web app that appear on the top of the app. Is it possible to have those inks open in the same tab instead of a new tab. It appears that the target='_blank' attribute is automatically added to the added link, and there's no way to get rid of it. I even checked the json file within Online Assistant.

Any ideas? It shouldn't be that hard for esri to implement the option of how to open an added link when putting together a web application.

Thanks!

Marc Seliger

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marc,

Kelly Gerrow‌ is correct. The hyperlinks in the header controller cannot be modified within the Web AppBuilder builder UE to open within the same tab. I suppose you could download the web app's source code and make changes, but then the app would have to be hosted on your own web server.

Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site.

By the way, nice collection of apps in your galleries - any chance we could add some of your apps to the Web AppBuilder Live Sites Showcase gallery? If so, please send me a PM.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you share your web app?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Sure.

here's the link to our zoning map:

ArcGIS Web Application 

the link I would like to not open in a new tab is the one circled here:

Thanks for looking into this Kelly.

Marc

City of South Jordan

0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

When I inspect the link, it automatically has the target="_blank" attribute inserted, and I can't find a way to change it to _self, for example.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Because you are using AGOL version of WAB that is not something you can edit. If you were to use the WAB Developer edition and host the app on your own web server then you would have access to make code changes like that.

DerekLaw

Hi Marc,

Kelly Gerrow‌ is correct. The hyperlinks in the header controller cannot be modified within the Web AppBuilder builder UE to open within the same tab. I suppose you could download the web app's source code and make changes, but then the app would have to be hosted on your own web server.

Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site.

By the way, nice collection of apps in your galleries - any chance we could add some of your apps to the Web AppBuilder Live Sites Showcase gallery? If so, please send me a PM.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
South_JordanCity_of
Occasional Contributor

Derek,

thanks for chiming in and providing a work-around. I think it would be overkill though to download and host all of the maps on our server just to be able to modify a link, so I will submit an enhancement request.

Also, since the apps in this gallery are our city's public maps, feel free to add any of the apps to the Web AppBuilder Live Sites Showcase gallery.

Cheers!

Marc Seliger, City of South Jordan

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Marc,

> Also, since the apps in this gallery are our city's public maps, feel free to add any of the apps to the Web AppBuilder Live Sites Showcase gallery.

This is great news - thank you. I will need to contact you to request additional metadata for the apps. Can you please send me an email (dlaw@esri.com) at your earliest convenience and I will send you a follow you email?

Thanks again,

0 Kudos
LucasTLopes
New Contributor

It is possible to change the code in an app generated by WAB and hosted at IIS. I had to do it in our app and registered the steps here: Htmler: Trocando o target de links no cabeçalho de aplicação gerada por WebApp Builder (projeto-html...

0 Kudos