Problem uploading GIF to Cascade

Jump to solution
07-12-2017 08:27 AM
JasonKord1
New Contributor

Hey Owen, 

Long time reader, first time poster. 

Is there a FAQ or spec sheet on adding/format of GIFs, because I am unable to load a GIF into my casade story map. I get the "Sorry this item failed to upload"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Jason -- OK, it looks like there is currently a max width of 1920px only on GIF images. Based on how people are using images it looks like we no longer need that limitation, so we'll look to remove it at the next release. For now, if you resize your image to that width it will work.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jason -- Welcome to GeoNet! Sorry you're having trouble getting that GIF into your Cascade story. There's a size limit of 10 MB on image uploads. How large is your GIF?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JasonKord1
New Contributor

Hi Owen,

it is small only 333 KB. Is it a 10 MB across the entire cascade story map?

Also thanks for the reply,

Jason

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Nope, it's a 10 MB limit per file. Can you share the file here so I can test it?

Do you have any special characters in the file name? We fixed some issues with that in the June release, but maybe there's something else there.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JasonKord1
New Contributor

This is my test gif, it was made in Photoshop CC 2014… thanks for taking a look for me

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Jason -- OK, it looks like there is currently a max width of 1920px only on GIF images. Based on how people are using images it looks like we no longer need that limitation, so we'll look to remove it at the next release. For now, if you resize your image to that width it will work.

Owen Evans
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Jason -- just confirming that this will be fixed in next week's release.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos