How to access secure feature layer through javascript api

07-19-2017 11:20 AM
KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have created a feature service layer on my arcgis online portal and hosted it there also. Now I want to use this feature service layer on map through arcgis javascript api v3.2. Now I want to pass username and password through code and can access feature service layer as I don't want to ask credential from user.

Can you please provide me some sample code in ArcGIS API JavaScript 3.20.

Thanks,

Kamal

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
SarojThapa1
Occasional Contributor III

Kamal,

Check this sample out. It should get you there.

Web map by ID | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.21 

0 Kudos
KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I have not shared my feature service layer publicly. It is only for portal user. Now when I try to use that feature service url in map then it is opening a user credential dialog window(Attached image) but I don't want to show this dialog window to user. Instead of this, can we set user credentials in javascript code so that it will show feature layers data into map without open user credential dialog?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Kamal, 

That is what the Esri proxy is for you can search for proxy threads and all the links you need will be shown. The proxy allows you to store the credentials on the server and the user is never prompted for login.

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/supportcenter/2015/10/28/setting-up-a-proxy-with-web-appbuilder-for-arcg...

GenasysEsri
New Contributor

Hi, could you write a example of what are you talking about?

It will be very useful because the esri information is not very clear about this, I mean a clear understanding language

I don't want you make the work but if you Know the answer, Why don't you write it down for sharing ??
That is would I do If I know

Thanks!

0 Kudos
SarojThapa1

Kamal,

I think this is what you are looking for.

Browser-based Named User Login | ArcGIS for Developers 

KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Thanks Saroj for the reply.

Actually the sample which you have provided is also asking username and password through login window but I am looking just like below code where I can set username and password and after that it automatically handles. Below code is in iOS swift but this is for reference only:

let portal = AGSPortal(url: URL(string: "<host url>")!, loginRequired: false)

portal.credential = AGSCredential(user: "<username>", password: "<password>")

portal.load() {[weak self] (error) in

if let error = error {

print(error)

return

}

// check the portal item loaded and print the modified date

if portal.loadStatus == AGSLoadStatus.loaded {

let fullName = portal.user?.fullName

// let licenseInfo = portal.portalInfo?.licenseInfo

print(fullName!)

}

}

Is there any rest api in ArcGIS javascript api v3 where I can pass only username and password of ArcGIS online portal and after that I can access secure feature service layer?

Thanks,

Kamal

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

That example is for a web MAP ID, not a layer.   Layer is only supported in JSAPI 4.x +

0 Kudos
GenasysEsri
New Contributor

Kamal, I have the same question but I don't undestang the esri information....there is not a clear example for this.

However you can catch the form by class name and fill the inputs user and password, like this:

var user= Array.from(document.getElementsByClassName("esri-identity-form")[0].querySelectorAll('input[type="text"]'));
var password=Array.from(document.getElementsByClassName("esri-identity-form")[0].querySelectorAll('input[type="password"]'));

user[0].value="your user";
password[0].value="your password";

var submit_form= Array.from(document.getElementsByClassName("esri-identity-form")[0].querySelectorAll('input[type="submit"]'));
submit_form[0].click();

If you write this at top of your script every time you run your script the dialog appear it will be fill and submit without you write it.

I know it is not exactly what you want but It is a likely solution and the only one I understand

0 Kudos