Using Magnify in SketchEditior

07-18-2017 04:24 PM
SandeepKumar5
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am using ArcGIS Runtime for iOS 100.0 and trying to use AGSSketchEditor() to create a Polyline sketch. I was wondering, is it possible to use Magnifier also while adding a vertex like in the Collector application? In sample application although the magnifier is shown but it doesn't add vertex .

I tried subscribing to the  didEndLongPressAtScreenPoint event but for it to work , need the selected vertex of sketch on map to update the sketch geometry.

by-

var geo = self.sketchEditorForEditing.geometry. as? AGSPolyline;

self.sketchEditorForEditing.replaceGeometry(((geo?.toBuilder())?.add(mapPoint).toGeometry())!);

I wanted to know, is there a way we can get/set the selected vertex of sketch geometry being drawn on map or any other way to get this working. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkDostal
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question.  There is no current way to get the magnifier to show when adding a new vertex.  However, if you tap to add a new vertex, then tap and hold on the new vertex, the magnifier will show and you can reposition the vertex.  Adding a new vertex using the magnifier is something that we are considering for the next release.

Currently there is no public API to get the selected vertex of a sketch.  Aside from needing the selected vertex for the workaround you mention above, is there a use case for you needing to get the selected vertex?  If so, that is also something we could consider.

Mark

0 Kudos