WAB Dev Edition: Can I customize a browser thumbnail icon?

Jump to solution
07-17-2017 12:34 PM
FrancescoTonini2
Occasional Contributor II

I am using WAB Dev Edition 2.4. Can anyone point me to the file and location where to edit (if it is possible) the default thumbnail icon from WAB? 

WAB thumbnail icon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FrancescoTonini2

I think I found the solution...I am posting it here in case other people have the same question. After downloading your WAB (Dev Edition) customized app, find the /images folder and place a file such as "favicon.ico" in it. Then simply go into the index.html file and in the <head> section find the tag <link rel="shortcut icon" href="images/shortcut.ico">. Replace the name shortcut.ico with your customized icon and you are all set.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FrancescoTonini2

I think I found the solution...I am posting it here in case other people have the same question. After downloading your WAB (Dev Edition) customized app, find the /images folder and place a file such as "favicon.ico" in it. Then simply go into the index.html file and in the <head> section find the tag <link rel="shortcut icon" href="images/shortcut.ico">. Replace the name shortcut.ico with your customized icon and you are all set.

ZacharyOrdo__GISP
New Contributor III

Took forever searching in Google trying to find an answer to this to no avail and I should've just started here on GeoNet!  Thanks for your solution!  It works perfectly!

0 Kudos
MikeRobb
New Contributor

If anyone happens to be asking, how does one change this in Portal (Enterprise GIS)... 

You can change to custom so that any Web Apps built in Portal will reflect the new icon.

To make the changes in Portal: (2d and 3d viewer app types)

Browse to the Portal Install directory (each Portal if HA)

[portal install directory]\apps\webappviewer\images

Rename the shortcut.ico to shortcut_ORIG.ico

Add your favorite ico that youd like to be used in all web app 2d viewers and name it shortcut.ico

You can make the changes for 3d viewers as well.

[portal install directory]\apps\webappviewer3D\images

0 Kudos