With Insights for ArcGIS, does all of my card content update based on the zoom extent of a joined Map?

Jump to solution
07-17-2017 03:12 PM
FrancisHourigan1
Occasional Contributor

I have not started using Insights yet, but I have watched the videos and read the FAQs. However, I cannot find anything that says definitively if your charts will update based on the zoom extent of your map. Or, is it only when you click on a map feature?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Francis,

Unfortunately, this functionality isn't currently configurable in Insights. Your cards with charts will only display data for the entire dataset, and not that of the map cards' zoom level.

Thanks,

Nathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Francis,

Unfortunately, this functionality isn't currently configurable in Insights. Your cards with charts will only display data for the entire dataset, and not that of the map cards' zoom level.

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
FrancisHourigan1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I have some other questions as well about the Insights roadmap. I was wondering if they were going to add the percent of the whole to the bubble and pie charts because that would be very helpful! Also, is it possible to view the attribute table in the view-only mode if you are not the owner of the workbook? It would be great to view the attribute table as a card.

Thanks again,

Francis Hourigan

GIS Planner

Jackson Family Investments

D 707.522.6460 |C 707.484.4778

Francis.Hourigan@jfwmail.com<mailto:Francis.Hourigan@jfwmail.com>

0 Kudos
NathanSmith8
New Contributor III

Hi Francis,

Sure, not a problem!

Today, neither of those features are available. We will definitely consider them for future releases though. Thanks for your feedback!

I would also strongly encourage you to post any other ideas you have about Insights to the Ideas site. We take these into consideration when making decisions for upcoming releases.

Thanks,.

Nathan

0 Kudos
AnjithaSenarath1
New Contributor II

These are basic functionalities of a map. It must be as default. If they are new to Map development then this is fine to say ESRI dont know about it and it will be in next version. This is terrible from ESRI. 

0 Kudos
AnjithaSenarath1
New Contributor II

Zoom to Selected content extend is must. I cant use insight in my project as their map is not zooming to the selected features. Basic functionality of any map and inspect a feature by clicking it show nothing on map, hover above it shows unwanted field. How do we control it. I am using Insight 3.0.0 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1. These are bugs in insight. 

0 Kudos
FrancisHourigan1
Occasional Contributor

Only when you click... but I have submitted this as an idea.

0 Kudos
AnjithaSenarath1
New Contributor II

Yes. We need to map to zoom to selected features (Selected feature extends)  when we click on a table or other widget content. 

0 Kudos