Where is the add-in tab in the ribbon - 2.0

Jump to solution
07-17-2017 02:40 PM
NathanielEvatt
New Contributor III

All tutorials and information about add-ins refer to the Add-in tab in the ribbon.  I don't seem to have one.  I am sure I just need to configure options for it to display, but I can't find those options.  In the Add-In Manager I have one add-in under 'Shared Add-Ins' and none under 'My Add-Ins'.  

Any help?  

Thanks, 

Nat

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Nat,

The Add-In tab will only appear when an add-in is installed which actually uses the Add-In tab.  The Add-In tab is what's known as a contextual tab.  Some add-ins will have their own named tab, depending how the developer wrote the add-in.  A good discussion on the use of tabs in the ArcGIS Pro SDK is found here:  ProConcepts Framework · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub 

Also, for any Pro add-in or Pro SDK questions, please do post your questions to the ArcGIS Pro SDK group here on GeoNet:  ArcGIS Pro SDK 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Nat,

The Add-In tab will only appear when an add-in is installed which actually uses the Add-In tab.  The Add-In tab is what's known as a contextual tab.  Some add-ins will have their own named tab, depending how the developer wrote the add-in.  A good discussion on the use of tabs in the ArcGIS Pro SDK is found here:  ProConcepts Framework · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub 

Also, for any Pro add-in or Pro SDK questions, please do post your questions to the ArcGIS Pro SDK group here on GeoNet:  ArcGIS Pro SDK 

0 Kudos