AnsweredAssumed Answered

Zonal Statistics as Table Not Working

Question asked by kateballard on Jul 17, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 by Dan_Patterson

I am trying to run the Zonal Statistics as Table tool on my data in order to sum the number of cells of a certain type of landcover in each county. For example, I want it to sum how many Deciduous forest, Pasture/Hay land and etc.. there are in each county individually.

I have tried two different ways: 1. By using the Extract by Attributes tool on the raster to extract each individual type of cell (so, one raster is created for deciduous forest cells and one raster for paster/hay and etc...), then running the zonal statistic on each of those one at a time (not sure if this is necessary or not). 2. By just running the Zonal statistics as Table tool on the full raster. 

I have tried EVERYTHING (saving it in a personal geodatabase, saving it in a file, getting rid of spaces in file names, making sure zone feature name is less than 17 characters etc...) and I still keep getting either "ERROR 999999" or there is no error at all under messages or even an indication that it has stopped, instead the red X circle just appears next to

it with no message. I attached a screenshot of what that second occurrence looks like. 

Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to do to make this tool work? And do I need to be performing the "Extract by Attributes" tool or should the Zonal Statistics tool be able to sum up each type of cell (e.i. deciduous forest, developed land etc..) individually in each county? 

Outcomes