When compiling any android application in version 100.1.0 of arcgis, the name of the application is automatically changed to "API AAPI de Android"
Has it happened to someone else?
I am not seeing this. I encourage you to check your application tag and the android:label property in your manifest file to ensure that the name you want is shown.
I have already checked all of these properties and they are correct. I have tested it on several computers and the result is the same. If I use gradle to import the 100.1 library when compiling the application it automatically changes the name.I do not understand what may be happening ...
Can you send me your project so I can view on my end and see if I can reproduce?
I create any Android project and compiling the application shows the name I want. If I add the
"compile 'com.esri.arcgisruntime:arcgis-android:100.1.0'" line to the build.gradle file, When I compile the application the name changes by "API AAPI de Android".
I have checked that I automatically replace the "app_name" with that name in the files that is in the path:
Ok, I see what is happening. When I changed my language settings to a different language other than English (Spanish, German, etc...) I am seeing a different app name. Let me take some time to research this and see what I can come back with.
Hi Victor Gallego,
Two workarounds for this:
1) Create a localized version of the strings.xml file and include the app_name tag in there.
<string name="app_name">My App</string>
2) Use a different string resource to identify the app on in the Manifest file.
<string name="my_app_name">My App</string>
I am going to notify the Android team on this and see if there is another solution available.
Retrieving data ...