Mandatory question existing but not for App

07-14-2017 08:01 AM
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

I made a Survey based on a feature service for verifing a set of assets inspected earlier.

The first question is about time of inspection and in "calculation" filed I use "today()" formulas for insert automatically a value based on ispection date as expected. Apparently it seems that everything works properly.

as you can see

screenshot when you can see date updated

But if I press validation button, it seems as the value is not properly inserted.

And then if I cancel value inserted by formulas with X button and hit refresh button for an updated value (obviously same value you see in this sample), then validation is successfull.

This is not the first time I create a Survey, but this is the first time that I'm trying to update a status of an existing object.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano

I can confirm that using today() in a calculation in combination with required should work. Are you able to share your survey and also let me know what operating system you are running the app on?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
SMauri
by

Hi Johnathan, thank's for the answer.

Sure I can share my work with you. But I can't find your profile if I insert Johnathan in search area of my Group.

I insert my Excel file as attachment, but tell me what I can do for make easy your verify.

Survey123 is running on a smartphone with Android 7.1

Stefano

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano - just to follow up on this. I was not able to replicate the behaviour with you survey running on my Android 7.1 device. Are you still experiencing the problem on the latest version of Survey123  (2.3)?

0 Kudos
SMauri
by

Hi Johnathan, not yet tested on new version 2.3...I'll try as soon as possible.

Thank you

0 Kudos