Merge tiles: failed to create tile reader!

07-14-2017 02:15 PM
RitchieEyster
New Contributor

I am attempting to create orthomosaic files created from tiles.  I have 30 tiles to merge with some missing.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTaylor3
Occasional Contributor

Can you provide a little more details on what you are trying to do and what's happening?  Is Drone2Map processing failing with the error you listed above?

0 Kudos
RitchieEyster
New Contributor

James,

Drone2Map processing fails with the Merge tiles: failed to create tile reader! error. I am attempting to create an orthomosaic with 5 bands at 110 images per band. Images were taken with a Micasense Rededge camera flown on a Cessna 206. the processing works perfectly up to the point of merging tiles on each band. The blue band (first band) has 4 missing tiles out of 25. It appears that this is where the error is occuring.

What can I do to workaround this error? There should be some way to just process the tiles that are present and not try to merge tiles that don't exist.

Ritchie

0 Kudos
JamesTaylor3
Occasional Contributor

There's no way to perform just the merge step in Drone2Map.  You can however rerun just the 2D Products Step (Ortho step) by unchecking the other boxes in Processing Options.   

I sent you a message, I can take a look at the problem for you if you like.

jt

0 Kudos
JamesTaylor3
Occasional Contributor

It looks like only 465 of 550 images where calibrated.   My guess is that you didn’t fly the mission with enough overlap everywhere. 

- 75% frontal and 60% side overlap in general cases.

- 85% frontal and 70% side overlap for forests, dense vegetation and fields.

- 85% frontal overlap for single track corridor mapping. Use 60% side overlap if the corridor is acquired using two flight lines.

Open the processing report from:  "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Drone2Map Projects\<project>\report\ProcessingReport.pdf"  (There is also a button on the ribbon in Drone2Map to open this report).

If you look in this report you can see if there is enough overlap.  Look for the diagram that looks like:

You want to see all Green in this image. (This one is from a project with not enough overlap).

0 Kudos