pulldata function

07-14-2017 06:57 AM
AdminGIS2
New Contributor III

I have made a form in survey123 for an inspection. First they inspect something and after a few weeks / months they come back and do it again. See the attachment for what I mean.

Now I have it in 2 forms, but since it's possible to modify existing feature classes it's much better to do it this way.

I hope you can help me!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - There are two ways that you can approach this:

1) You can create a feature service with a related table. The main feature layer representing the asset, and the table representing the inspections. This enables you to have many inspections collected against the one asset/feature. You can then set up a survey that points directly to the the related table (using the form_id in the settings, to specify the table you want to target) - so you can start adding inspections directly to the inspections table.

2) You can use the inbox functionality to edit or update existing features/assets. In this workflow you could configure the inbox where clause to download and edit features with a particular attribute value (e.g. a status of 'For Review') or with a particular edited date (e.g before 1/03/2017).

Please let me know if you need any further information on either of these approaches.

0 Kudos
AdminGIS2
New Contributor III

Thanks for your answer, but it is not what I'm looking for.

In the past ( till last week) we had 2 forms, one form they fill in with the start of an inspection and the second they fill in after a few weeks. Every time the relationship is one to one.

In the start form they fill in some data and then I download it to a .csv and put it in form 2. In the form with the pulldata function in the calculate row.

When they start with the second form, the values of the first form filled already in the form. ( see the red text, under it stand a number, this is what they fill in in the first form.) Now I have combined the forms, but I want also have the same option, but I thought it was possible without download a .csv and put it in the windows folder.

So that you fill in some value at the begin of a form, and later on, a few groups later you see the results from form 1.

I want this because they don't  need the possibility to change the value's from the first form.

I hope you can help me!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

this might be a good use of the Inbox functionality.  The idea would be to have 1 table that stores both the data of the start form and the end form (which, if I read correctly, you may already have).  You would then:

1) Create the start form with the questions it needs and publish it without Inbox capability.

2) Create the end form with the questions it needs (including those from the start form).  The questions from the start form could read only (if no updating is required).  Enable editing on the end form; users would then download the entries in the end form's Inbox before going out into the field and then update the form and post the updated data back.

0 Kudos