Information entered into Rich text pop-up field not saving

07-13-2017 02:00 PM
EricAnderson14
New Contributor III

Hi there,

We run an ArcGIS Portal 10.5 in a federated environment. I have a map with a few (34) data points on it. There is a field, that I have defined as text, that I am using to store a URL in it. In the Pop-up manager, I have defined the field as being a 'Rich-text' field. I can enter a URL into this field, and close it and even save the map changes. While in the same instance, I can click on the point on the map, see the field which is rich text, click on it and have it navigate to the URL. However, if I refresh the web page, or close out of the browser and bring up the map again, the URL has vanished from the field. It doesn't seem to be related to how many characters are in the URL, I used something as simple as www.usatoday.com, but the values I'd like to put in there are for other objects in ArcGIS portal. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could indicate where I went a stray so that these Rich text values are saved as desired. Thank you!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErynPimentel
New Contributor II

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm experiencing this same thing. I'm editing attributes in a pop-up with Rich Text and it seems to work until the next time I open up the map it has reverted back to how it was before. I'm making sure to save every step of the way but it's just not keeping the edits I make. I'm just trying to hyperlink some of the text. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
EricAnderson14
New Contributor III

Did you create the map by importing an excel (CSV) file into a base map in portal, or did you publish your layer from ArcMap Desktop. I have found that the problem only exists when I publish the map from ArcMap desktop. The problem can be avoided if you start with an Excel (CSV) file that imported into the ArcMap Portal. A bug fix request has been submitted for maps that are published from ArcMap Desktop.

0 Kudos