I am brand new to GIS and installed a student version of ARCGIS 10.3.1 Tuesday. I am getting stuck when I try to set up to learn ARCMAP and establish a folder connection to access my map data. When I click the Connect to Folder key, I am not sure how to n

07-13-2017 03:41 PM
AllenMasomere
New Contributor

I am getting stuck when trying to set up a Folder Connection to access data. I cannot find the "source.gdb" that I am expecting. After selecting the appropriate folder, and clicking Connect to Folder, I am failing to navigate to the required "Introduction to ARCMAP" file so I can start practicing with the app.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should connect to the folder that contains the .gdb, not the gdb itself. I hope that suggestion helps!

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Usually the new-user webinars and tutorials walk users through these kinds of issues.  What training material are you following?  Have you visited Esri Training?  Although a fair number of courses are locked or cost money, there are some free webinars and tutorials like Getting Started with GIS.

AllenMasomere
New Contributor

Thanks guys but while I was struggling with this earlier this week I established the wrong default data base. I am not sure what it takes to change to the correct one. Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos
AllenMasomere
New Contributor

Thanks all. Finally got it straight.

0 Kudos