Is there documentation available that lists which widgets use the widget framework, as opposed to dijit/_WidgetBase? Ran into a situation where method calls from dijit/_WidgetBase being removed from the search widget (now using widget framework) created a

Jump to solution
07-13-2017 02:24 PM
DerekMiller
New Contributor III

Is there documentation available that lists which widgets use the widget framework in 4.4, as opposed to dijit/_WidgetBase? Ran into a situation where method calls from dijit/_WidgetBase being removed from the search widget (now using widget framework) created a breaking change ... 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

That's a solid method and accurate. Popup joining that list soon.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

That kind of information is added to the release notes.

Release notes for 4.4 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.4 

Related info is added to breaking changes if needed

Release notes for 4.4 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.4 

DerekMiller
New Contributor III

Thanks Rene.

I'm familiar with the release notes. That's how I discovered that the Search widget had been migrated to esri's widget framework.

Reading through release notes until you find a sentence stating the widget in question has been migrated to the widget framework is not exactly precise. Nor is assuming that since if one doesn't find mention of said widget that it's still on _widgetbase. 

I just realized that perhaps what I'm looking for is the subclass list in the Widget framework docs? Widget | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.4 

Would you say that list is comprehensive, Rene?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

That's a solid method and accurate. Popup joining that list soon.

DerekMiller
New Contributor III

Thanks, Rene.

- derek

0 Kudos