"Compact" option not available in Types

Jump to solution
07-13-2017 01:55 AM
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

In last version of Survey123 (2.2.14) there is no more "compact" option in the validation list for appearance types, applicable to a "begin group question" as you can read from this help page: Appearance—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Probably a bug?

Workaround: insert manually this value and update Excel validation list for "Appearance field"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano - Can you confirm that this was for creating a survey from an existing service?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano - Can you confirm that this was for creating a survey from an existing service?

SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Johnathan, I confirm that this Survey was created from existing service.

After you tell me this I've tried to create a survey123 from scratch using "Advanced model" and I found missing voices. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefano

If you want to get access to Compact (and other newer tags) on the template used when creating a survey from an existing feature service - you must ensure that the following file is deleted before you install a new version of Connect:

XLSFormTemplate.xlsx

In Windows you can find the file here:

C:\users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp

Currently the app will not overwrite the template with the newer one contained in the installer (we will fix this).

OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

You can add the 'compact' appearance by:

• Click on 'types' worksheet
  • Add the following info (RED TYPE) under the 'Appearance' group

Field Types
horizontal-compactApplies to select_one and select_multiple fields.  Displays answer choices horizontally.
autocompleteApplies to select_one fields. Answer choices appear in a pull-down menu, with text input to narrow down options.
compactAutomatically closes all groups

• Click on 'survey' worksheet
  • Highlight ALL ROWS under 'appearance' EXCEPT the header!!!
  • Click on Excel tab 'Data'
  • Click on 'Data Validation'
  • Ensure 'types worksheet' has complete 'Appearance Group' chosen including NEW 'compact' type
  • SAVE spreadsheet
  • Go back and change 'appearance' to 'compact' on groups you want closed when the survey opens
  • SAVE spreadsheet
0 Kudos