Duplicate Geodatabse connections ?

07-11-2017 11:20 AM
JohnBendix
New Contributor III

Why do I have Three duplicate versions of the same geo database in my catalog?  I had esri support help me remove this last time it happened but it ended up removing the whole geo database and had to start over. Does any one know why this keeps happening? We are publishing to Arc GIS Server 10.4.1 and also have the published services available  in Portal for GIS. Since we got this fixed last week the only thing I have done is republish the service to arc gis server.

And yes the geodatabase is in sql server and versioned.

Thanks John.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/enterprise-gis?sr=search&searchId=6dde311a-cbd5-475e-86c9-7...https://community.esri.com/groups/geodatabase?sr=search&searchId=dab8817f-0690-45d7-906f-bffde79eaa7...‌ for more visibility.

those are not connections to the geodatabase but duplicate feature datasets located in the geodatabase.

You could just delete them if you do not need them or they are not used by a map service.

--- George T.
JohnBendix
New Contributor III

How am I getting those. We had the same issue last week and Support helped me get rid of them but in the process I also ended up deleting the whole geodatabase.

We publish a mxd or mxds to arc server and then use portal the push the services out.

Thanks John.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I am not 100% sure, but usually something has to copy the data back into the enterprise geodatabase as that data owner.

One thought - Is that database register with the ArcGIS Server site? Are you always using the same version of the data when publishing?

--- George T.
JohnBendix
New Contributor III

Yes the datasource is registered and only as the default version. No other versions can be at this time ..no workgroups or etc as of yet.

The other version Base which all the edit are done in has been reconciled from the base to the Default. But that shouldn’t screw any thing up.

0 Kudos
JohnBendix
New Contributor III

Yes the geodb is registered with arc gis server. The geodb is versioned and all changes are made in the Base version and then reconciled to the default. So maybe when that happens the published service is creating duplicate tables in the geodb. I don't understand how that is ...that's the whole purpose of having a versioned database. And the published service should be able to handle this. Very frustrating. The registered database is the default version just for FYI

Thanks.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

This is a total WAG (wild a$$ guess...):  I notice you are using tables associated with Attribute Assistant.  I've experienced some unintended consequeneces when using AA in the enterprise geodatabse environment.  Not saying that's it for sure, but might be worth taking a closer look.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Did you compare all the layers to see if they are all the same ? They could be some addition layer or maybe somebody rename some text in it's attribute and copy and paste so it added the second, so I would just not delete it .  If you delete and if the End - User had that layer on their ArcMap and it will disappear and it will be hard to recover it.

0 Kudos