Hosting story map with enterprise account

Jump to solution
07-10-2017 12:12 PM
JohnFord1
New Contributor

Hello, I am hosting a story map on my company server but I am having trouble connecting it to my enterprise account using the appid. It connects fine if I connect it to my personal ArcGIS non-enterprise account. Best guess is that it automatically connects to http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id= XXXX, when I want it to connect to my enterprise account URL (i.e. http://[...].maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=XXX) . 

Has anyone ever connected a self hosted storymap to an enterprise account? #

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

When we've hosted a story map on our organization's server, and linked it to a story map builder in our enterprise/Portal account (not on AGOL), we've needed to adjust the following in one of the config.js (depending on which story map):

-changed DEFAULT SHARING URL from “//www.arcgis.com/sharing/content/items” to instead read "//portal.[WHATEVER THIS IS FOR YOUR ENTERPRISE ACCOUNT].org/arcgis/sharing/content/items"

I hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CaraMayo2
New Contributor III

I'm having this problem too. When I tested it out a while ago, the work around I found was to make the web map public, but that's obviously not a good development solution.

0 Kudos
LindsayWithers1
Occasional Contributor

When we've hosted a story map on our organization's server, and linked it to a story map builder in our enterprise/Portal account (not on AGOL), we've needed to adjust the following in one of the config.js (depending on which story map):

-changed DEFAULT SHARING URL from “//www.arcgis.com/sharing/content/items” to instead read "//portal.[WHATEVER THIS IS FOR YOUR ENTERPRISE ACCOUNT].org/arcgis/sharing/content/items"

I hope that helps.

RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Yes, see:

Can I create story maps using Esri's ArcGIS Enterprise?

Frequently Asked Questions | Story Maps 

Rupert

0 Kudos