Collector off-line syncing

07-06-2017 01:13 AM
RossGarland2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I've been having an off-line syncing problem with Collector for a few months and I can't figure out the problem!

I have a contractor who periodically inspects 90 of my assets every 2 weeks using Collector.  This has been set up using a related table - allowing me to build up an inspection history etc!  The area they cover is relatively large and has limited mobile network coverage, so the project has been replicated 4 times to allow him to download higher quality background maps - all of which work from the same layers.

Using this technique, a large number of the inspections are saved on the device untilll synced.  The majority of records will come through to the cloud and I can view on arcGIS online.  However, there is always a problem with syncing (see photographs below) where not all records come through.  I get the following error message:

sync replica internal error - {C91A286E-7766-46E3-A174-F06B24851F19}

Does anyone have any suggestions?  The records do come through eventually, however the red numbers on the sync button stay. 

Thanks!

Ross

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ross,

Are you using hosted feature services on ArcGIS Online or are you using services from ArcGIS Server? If server, which version?

Are there any changes made to the feature service(s) while the map is downloaded offline? If the user removes the map from the device (a map that does not have data to sync), then tries to sync data, does that work? Is there a certain threshold (say 20-30 records) where syncs start to fail?

Are you trying to sync over WiFi or cellular? Also, are you on Collector 17.0.1 for iOS?

RossGarland2
New Contributor II

Dan,

We're using hosted feature services on ArcGIS Online and syncing over WiFi with the most up-to-date iOS.

We're not making any changes to the feature service while the map is downloaded offline.  Once the data is removed, the map will sync data afterwards, but this problem persists.  It would only appear that the problem only happens when we have large volumes of data to sync.  We have around 80 records that are synced at 1 time.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So you get the sync error when you sync 80 records and anything sync under 80 records works? Are you syncing updates to existing features, new features, or images? 

Are you using WiFi to sync? If so, are you syncing from a consistently strong WiFi network, like an office WiFi network?

0 Kudos
RossGarland2
New Contributor II

Dan,

We haven't tried to sync less than 80 records.  The data is collected in one day, so is synced at the end of the day.  The data is new records in a table (related records in a table) with images.

It's with a strong WiFi connection.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Regardless of wi-fi speed, we've always had problems syncing collector with either a lot of new updates and/or a "few" attachments. Be sure to vote up Sync Collector for ArcGIS via USB and  

0 Kudos