Are ESRI Workforce and Geoforms cross-compatible?

07-05-2017 01:24 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are ESRI Workforce and Geoforms cross-compatible?  That is, can one set up a geoform in which the responses populate as assignments in Workforce?  Thank you, my friends!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Charlotte,

Yes, you could use Geoforms to populate the assignments in a Workforce Project.  Since the assignments are stored in a feature service, they can be edited and added to from any application that can edit a feature service.

If you are going to use Geoforms to populate/add assignments to the feature service, there's a few things to be aware of:

- The Workforce Web application ensures that assignments are created with the correct information; i.e. a shape and assignment type and that the other values for an assignment are also correct.  By doing this through Geoforms, you would be taking responsibility for this; take a look at this doc topic for more information: Workforce schema—Workforce for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

- Duplicates and QA of assignments - make sure you have a handle on duplicates that may get created and the QA of assignments; e.g. you may have multiple users reporting the same issue and each of them would create an assignment; which would lead to duplicates.

Craig

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Craig,

Thank you so much! This helped me greatly!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Craig, can you re-share the schema resource? The link is broken. Thanks!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos