ERROR 010160: Unable to open raster

01-10-2011 09:09 PM
faisalmoeen
New Contributor
I have made a model for population calculation using "zonal statistics as table" tool in arcgis desktop 10. The task works fine in arcdesktop 10. Then I published it to arcserver 10. When I use this service in arcmap 10, it works fine and the result is displayed. But when i use this service through a flex application, an error is displayed saying "Please check your parameters".
When I see the server log, an error stating " ERROR 010160: Unable to open raster t_t4811\t_t4811" is displayed.
Thanx in advance
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChrisSnyder
Regular Contributor III
Does your zonal raster have a "raster attribute table" (aka a .vat file)? The zonal statistics tool requires one, else the tool will bomb. Use the BuildRasterAttributeTable to make one if need be.
0 Kudos
faisalmoeen
New Contributor
no i dont have it. can you please explain further?
0 Kudos
ChrisSnyder
Regular Contributor III
Check out: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//0017000000m2000000.htm

However, since the ZonalStatisticsAsTable tool worked in everything except Flex, that's probably where your problem is... Also, t_t4811\t_t4811? Why is the name duplicated. Could there be a bug?
0 Kudos
faisalmoeen
New Contributor
Thanks Chris Snyder,
The error on server side is now removed. The geoprocessing service works fine in arcmap and arcexplorer. when used in flex, the task executes at the server according to the logs but shows an error 500, "failed to execute task, check your parameters" on frontend.
this is my code:
private function doGP(thisGeometry:Geometry):void
            {
                this.cursorManager.setBusyCursor();
                var inputPolyFS:FeatureSet = new FeatureSet();
                inputPolyFS.features = [{ geometry: thisGeometry }];
    inputPolyFS.spatialReference = myMap.spatialReference;
                var params:Object = { "Input_Feature": inputPolyFS };
                gp.execute(params);
                // center on buffered feature
                var geometryPolygon:Polygon = thisGeometry as Polygon;
                myMap.centerAt(geometryPolygon.extent.center);
            }
do i need to start a new thread in flex section?
0 Kudos
ChrisSnyder
Regular Contributor III
do i need to start a new thread in flex section?

Yes - Your question is more related to Flex syntax/usage than Geoprocessing, and I don't know any Flex!
0 Kudos
Gregory_L___Greg_Gunther
New Contributor II
Any luck with this.  I am having the same problem but with the js api
0 Kudos
GeneYagow
New Contributor
I have been using Zonal Statistics as Table for summarizing average slope by landuse categories. For 10 watersheds that I used, it worked fine. In one watershed, however, I sub-divided the watershed and assigned a number (still an integer) that represented a sub-watershed-landuse combination and tried summarizing and got Error 010160. I used feature data for my zones, not raster, so I'm puzzled why I get an error related to the internal raster conversion. The landuse was originally from a raster dataset that i converted to a shapefile, but it didn't pose any problems with the other watersheds, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Any ideas? Thanks.

...Gene
0 Kudos