AnsweredAssumed Answered

When does the option "store credentials with item" appear?

Question asked by s.arndtesri-de-esridist Employee on Jul 3, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 4, 2017 by s.arndtesri-de-esridist

What is the background reason for the "store credentials with item" option in Portal for ArcGIS? When does is appear and when not?

I would like to use ArcGIS Online Services in my ArcGIS Enterprise (10.5) infrastructure - especially the World traffic service, which is a secured service. No problem, right? So I took the Service URL and added it in my Portal (My Content -> Add item from internet ). Additionally I entered my ArcGIS Online credentials, but I was not able to store credentials in this case. I would like to store the credentials with the item and I thought that it was possible with the option "Store credentials with service item. Do not prompt for authentication". In this case, I don't have the option for storing the credentials and I don't know why. What is the reason, that the store credential option appears sometimes and sometimes not? The background is, that we are using a disconnected environment and we want to use the portal server as proxy for the online traffic service and nobody should need to enter the credentials.

Outcomes