I am a data owner. When I clicked administrator geodatabase on data connection and tried to disconnect user locks however it stated "insufficient permission". How can I fix it? I need to disconnect users. I also have access to SQL Server Management Studio

Jump to solution
07-02-2017 02:46 PM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am a data owner. When I clicked administrator geodatabase on data connection and tried to disconnect user locks however it stated "insufficient permission". How can I fix it? I need to disconnect users. I also have access to SQL Server Management Studio.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Being the Data Owner is not enough to disconnect users from a geodatabase. Check this link for more details:

Manage connections in SQL Server—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

To disconnect users from a geodatabase in Microsoft SQL Server, the geodatabase administrator may need additional privileges.

• The geodatabase administrator (sde) in an sde-schema geodatabase requires VIEW DEFINITION privileges on the database to see the list of connected users and must be a member of the processadmin fixed server role to disconnect users.
  • If the geodatabase administrator of a dbo-schema geodatabase is the database owner, the geodatabase administrator must be added to the processadmin fixed server role to disconnect users.

No additional privileges are required for the geodatabase administrator in a dbo-schema geodatabase if the geodatabase administrator is a member of the sysadmin fixed server role.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Being the Data Owner is not enough to disconnect users from a geodatabase. Check this link for more details:

Manage connections in SQL Server—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

To disconnect users from a geodatabase in Microsoft SQL Server, the geodatabase administrator may need additional privileges.

• The geodatabase administrator (sde) in an sde-schema geodatabase requires VIEW DEFINITION privileges on the database to see the list of connected users and must be a member of the processadmin fixed server role to disconnect users.
  • If the geodatabase administrator of a dbo-schema geodatabase is the database owner, the geodatabase administrator must be added to the processadmin fixed server role to disconnect users.

No additional privileges are required for the geodatabase administrator in a dbo-schema geodatabase if the geodatabase administrator is a member of the sysadmin fixed server role.