_____
by

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ian-

We just released 100.1 last night, and that brings in support for client side dynamic labeling. See some notes about the release here - ArcGIS Runtime 100.1 is now available! | ArcGIS Blog 

There is not a full-fledged labeling API yet, but what we allow you to do is to create LabelDefinitions from JSON, as defined in the ArcGIS REST spec. These LabelDefinitions can then be applied to a few different Layer types.

FeatureLayer QML Type | ArcGIS for Developers 

LabelDefinition QML Type | ArcGIS for Developers 

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Ian-

We just released 100.1 last night, and that brings in support for client side dynamic labeling. See some notes about the release here - ArcGIS Runtime 100.1 is now available! | ArcGIS Blog 

There is not a full-fledged labeling API yet, but what we allow you to do is to create LabelDefinitions from JSON, as defined in the ArcGIS REST spec. These LabelDefinitions can then be applied to a few different Layer types.

FeatureLayer QML Type | ArcGIS for Developers 

LabelDefinition QML Type | ArcGIS for Developers 

Thanks,

Luke

RussellTait4
New Contributor II

another tip

I struggled to find this (I just wanted to change a label color), but now using LabelDefinition, and labelExpression( in the featureservice Drawing Info), I can do ALL kinds of things

Sample code always helps:

I found in the QML Samples

http://www.arcgis.com/home/search.html?t=content&q=tags%3AQmlSampleApplicationCurrent&content=all&st... 

In the section "Display Information", the Sample "Show labels on Layers" - look at the Source Code to see sample usage of Label Definition

Cool stuff.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Yep, good call. These are now on GitHub too (in case you don't want to download the viewers) - arcgis-runtime-samples-qt/ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt_QMLSamples/DisplayInformation/ShowLabelsOnLayers at mas...