On Tuesday morning July 11 at the Esri Education GIS Conference we toss out all the rules and let the attendees set the agenda. We invite you to bring the education GIS topics you want to discuss with fellow attendees to these two 75 minute sessions (8:30 am and 10:15 am at the Marriott in the Cardiff room)!
Come join us if you want to:
- avoid PowerPoint for a few hours
- experience active learning
- meet some other educators
- explore an administrative, technical or pedagogical challenge
- ponder how to improve GIS courses
How it works:
- For each of the two session we'll spend the first 10 or 15 minutes determining topics.
- Topics will be assigned to tables in the room.
- Participants will join a table of interest.
- The room will get very noisy as all the groups engage with the topic for 45 minutes or so.
- We'll spend the last last 10 or 15 minutes of each session with a wrap up. Each group will summarize their findings and/or next steps.
Please share any questions about, or suggested topics for, these sessions below!